Allow anonymous issue creation but prevent anonymous viewing of issues in Jira
Platform Notice: Cloud, Server, and Data Center - This article applies equally to all platforms.
This KB is here to instruct in how to allow the creation of issues anonymously while preventing the user from seeing issues in JIRA Core Server and Jira Work Management Cloud. Alternatively, issues can be opened to anonymous users by Configuring issue-level security as per that documentation. A sample use case of this is to allow production bug reports to be anonymously submitted and kept private from viewing.
For allowing Creation and Browsing of all issues in the project to anonymous users without restricting view, follow our How to allow users to create issues anonymously FAQ.
Note: Anonymous reporters will not receive notifications of issue updates because no user will be linked to the Reporter field of the issue.
- Edit the permission scheme for your desired project as per Managing project permissions to give the group 'Anyone' permission to Browse Project and Create Issues.
- Give the project role 'Administrators' permission to Set Issue Security.
- Create an Issue Level Security Scheme and then add a security level to that issue that permits access to only the group 'Users'.
- Set that permission level as default, so any new issue created will only be visible to members of the group Users.
- Assign your new Issue Level Security Scheme to the project mentioned in step one.
- Search for all issues in the project mentioned in step one, hit tools->bulk change all x issues, click edit, change the security level to the one created in step 2.
Now any existing issues won't be visible to anonymous users but can be made visible by Configuring issue-level security.