Attaching Screenshot Redirects to Oracle Page
Platform Notice: Server and Data Center Only. This article only applies to Atlassian products on the server and data center platforms.
Platform Notice: Cloud Only - This article only applies to Atlassian products on the cloud platform.
When user has JAVA 1.8 installed, when trying to attach a screenshot, the popup redirects to Oracle page.
In later versions it's replaced by a HTML5 version.
- Tested with old versions of JIRA like 5.2.10, 6.1.7 and 6.1.2.
Please note that about JIRA Supported Platforms which shows:
|Oracle JDK / JRE (formerly Sun JDK / JRE)||1.6 (update 18 or higher is required; update 24 or higher is recommended)|
1.7 (as of JIRA 5.2)
Note on Attaching Screenshot Document:
Browser compatibility notes: If you are using Internet Explorer versions 8-10, the computer you are using will need to be running Java version 1.7+ platform. If you are using Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer 11, the screenshot capability takes advantage of HTML5 compatibility. Safari is not supported.
Manually enable the NPAPI as per the guide in: https://java.com/en/download/faq/chrome.xml#npapichrome
- Roll back to older version of JAVA as mentioned above
- Upgrade your JIRA as in later versions it's replaced by a HTML5 version.
- You refer to Upgrading JIRA
- If you are using prior to 6.2 please refer to this bug ticket at - JRA-31407Getting issue details... STATUS