Bulk edit resolutions in Jira server
Platform Notice: Cloud, Server, and Data Center - This article applies equally to all platforms.
1. Prepare your transition(s).
- Start by Editing your existing Workflow.
- In the Diagram view, click Add transition.
- To status and From status should have the same value, so the transition will be a loop (Issue status won't change);
- Name should indicate the action to be performed, e.g. "Set Resolution"
- Click the new loop transition to display its properties, and click Post functions.
- click Add post function
- select Update Issue Field and click Add
- select the Resolution field and the desired target Field Value, and click Add
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 for each status for which the Resolution field will need to be updated.
2. Transition your Issues
As this will work for one Status at a time, completing the operation may require multiple iterations of the following steps:
Using the Issue Navigator, locate the list of Issues you'll need to add a Resolution to
- Click Tools >Bulk Change (N Issues)
- Select Issues to change and click Next
- Select Transition Issues and click Next
- Select your newly created transition and click Next
- You can clear the 'Send mail for this update' checkbox to prevent email notifications from being sent
- In the operation summary screen, click Confirm to apply the changes
Script Runner Method (third party add-on)
This is an alternate method to clear resolutions on tickets
- Install the Script Runner add-on
- Build a search for all issues that are using the user created
- Save search as a filter
- Use the built-in script to set items in that filter to
- Set the
resolvedstatus to the resolution you're intending to use
Full Script Runner usage instructions: https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Built-In+Scripts#Built-InScripts-BulkFixResolutions