Can't Create Issue Due To java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Multiple entries with same key
Platform Notice: Server and Data Center Only - This article only applies to Atlassian products on the server and data center platforms.
Exception occurred: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Multiple entries with same key: customfield_10004=com.atlassian.jira.rest.v2.issue.IssueBeanBuilder2$FieldData@7b896c91 and customfield_10004=com.atlassian.jira.rest.v2.issue.IssueBeanBuilder2$FieldData@670a5223
select * from customfield where id=10004;
to make sure the ID 10004 matches the Rank (obsolete). Also it matches <base-URL>/secure/admin/ConfigureCustomField!default.jspa?customFieldId=10004
Per Difference between Global Rank and Rank after upgrade of JIRA Agile (or GreenHopper in previous versions), there is a new field Global Rank on the instance. The previous field Rank is also present.
- Highly Recommended Resolution 1:
- Proceed to unlock the custom field as explained at How to unlock a Locked field
- Delete the custom field from JIRA user interface
- Resolution 2 ( It is much safer to attempt to delete the customfield from the UI, than removing it from one record in the database):
- Run the below query:
Delete from customfield where id=10004;
- Restart JIRA after DB changes