Can't invite user to site from agility project people page in Jira Cloud
Inviting a user through the People page in an independent agility project fails. Jira displays one of the following:
- An error: "Couldn't invite firstname.lastname@example.org".
- An inline warning: "We can't find that person on this site. Ask your Jira admin to invite them."
There are a few reasons these errors might occur:
- Your site might not allow self signup.
- Your site might whitelist specific email domains and the person you're trying to invite doesn't have a corresponding email address.
- You may not have the correct permissions to invite someone to your Jira site.
Only site administrators can resolve the error "Couldn't invite email@example.com". Site administrators can fix this by adjusting their self-signup settings:
- Select ( ) > Site administration.
- Under Site settings, select Self signup.
- Adjust the settings to allow anyone to sign up to your site. Or, add the desired domains to the list under Anyone with one of the following email address domains can sign up.
Both Jira and site administrators can fix the inline warning: "We can't find that person on this site. Ask your Jira admin to invite." To fix this, the user experiencing the error can be made into a Jira admin. Read about how to make someone a Jira admin.