Display standard dates in Jira server
Platform notice: Server and Data Center only. This article only applies to Atlassian products on the Server and Data Center platforms.
Support for Server* products will end after February 15th 2024. If you are running a Server product, you can visit the Atlassian Server end of support announcement to review your migration options.
*Except Fisheye and Crucible
When working in JIRA applications, relative dates like "Today" or "Yesterday" are not always practical for teams. In these cases, you may want to disable your JIRA application's relative date formatting and simply show standard date formats.
If you're running JIRA 4.4+
- Shut down your JIRA applications
- Navigate to $JIRA_HOME
- Edit the file:
jira-config.properties- See Edit the jira-config.properties file in Jira server
- If this file does not exist, create it
- You can find more information on this specific file in Advanced JIRA Configuration - Atlassian Documentation
Add the following line:
jira.lf.date.relativize = false
Save the file
Restart your JIRA applications
If you're running Jira using AWS Quick Start, please see Use the jira-config.properties file to customize an AWS Quick Start deployment on how to configure this.
If you're running JIRA 4.3 or earlier
- You'll want to instead modify the file:
- located in $JIRA_INSTALL/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/
- Set to