Fields missing on screens in Jira server
Platform Notice: Cloud, Server, and Data Center - This article applies equally to all platforms.
You've added custom fields to a screen, but yet they are not appearing for you when you create, or edit an issue.
If you are running on Jira 5.0 or higher, you should try this plugin to automatically determine why the field is not appearing: Jira Admin Helper.
Otherwise, there are several explanations for why a field is not appearing:
- The custom field's context is not configured for the specific issue type or project you're testing on. Please verify your context settings under
Jira Administration > Issues > Custom Fields > Configure(for the problematic custom field).
- A field is not appearing is due to its Field Configuration settings. A field can be set to Hidden or Visible. Ensure it's not set to
- Check that the field is properly configured to the issue type screen scheme. Here's how to do that:
- Note which issue operation, issue type, and project is in use. For example, you are creating (issue operation) a bug (issue type) in Jira Service Management (your project).
- Begin by looking at your Project Administration. Find the issue type screen scheme.
- In the Issue Type Screen Scheme, check which issue type (e.g. Bug) is associated to which screen scheme. Find the issue type in question, and the associated screen scheme.
- For the Screen Scheme, check which issue operation (e.g. Create Issue) is associated to which screen.
- Finally, check to make sure your field is on this screen.
- If using a transition screen in a workflow transition, make sure you're using the correct screen.
- If the field requires a permission (such as Due Date or Attachment), check that the user has the correct permissions. See Managing Project Permissions.