How to add customers without sending an invitation email
Platform Notice: Server and Data Center Only - This article only applies to Atlassian products on the server and data center platforms.
You want to manually add Jira Service Management customers but don't want to send them invitation emails. You can add customers without inviting them via email but you'll need to predefine their password and ask them to change it later once they log in.
- Login to the Jira application as an administrator
- Go to > User management
- Create User - here make sure to uncheck the "send an invitation" which will prompt you to enter a password that will be the users new password to login. Additionally make sure to uncheck "Jira ", "Jira Service Management" and "Confluence" application access. Keeping those checked would allow that user login to Jira and Confluence systems, allow them to access things based on default user permissions and consume user license in each system. In this case you are wanting to just create a free customer in Service Management so uncheck all application access options.
- Click "Create User"
- Go to your Service Management (from the top menu)
- Go to People tab
- Select Customers in the left nav
- Next to the Invite customers button on the right side of the screen you'll see an option for access settings. You'll want it to say "everyone can access". So if your current selection is "restricted access" click that text and change the selection.
Then simply distribute your Customer Portal link to your customer via website, email, or whatever way you wish to public the URL your customers may use to access the customer portal.