How to add the 'Escalate this issue' link to a Service Management request
To build an 'Escalated' status into your workflow.
- Edit the desired workflow in Diagram mode.
- Add a new status called Escalated with the 'In Progress' category.
- Add a transition from Waiting for support to Escalated, name the transition 'Escalate this issue'.
- Select Show transition in the customer portal to allow Customer to click on this transition from the Customer Portal, do NOT set a resolution.
- Add another transition from Escalated to Waiting for customer, name the transition 'Respond to customer'.
- Publish the workflow.
- Next, add a new queue to show all the Escalated issues to Agents. See Making queues for your service project teams.
- (Optional) You can even set an Automation rule to alert a member of your team via an @mention when an issue is escalated, or to add a pre-populated comment to every escalated issue. See Automating your service project.