How to Automatically Map Fields of a Parent Ticket to a New Sub-Task in JIRA Cloud
Creating a sub-task from a parent ticket requires multiple fields to be re-entered.
Parent ticket contains reusable content.
By default, the workflow in JIRA Cloud does not allow inheritance from the parent ticket
This requires the activation of 'JIRA Misc Workflow Extensions', wich is a third party plug-in installed via the Market Place.
- Activate the add-on 'JIRA Misc Workflow Extensions' from https://<base-url>/plugins/servlet/upm/marketplace.
- While editing the desired workflow, 'Add post function' to the 'Create' transition:
- Select 'Set Field Value from Parent' and 'Add':
- Select the field to apply the transition. I've used 'Labels' for this example
- Once complete, select 'Publish Draft' to ensure the workflow is applied to your project.
Sub-task will inherit the label from the parent: