How to Automatically Set Issue Security Level for Sub Task During Creation
JIRA does not allow changing or setting the Issue Security Level of sub task independent from parent task, and a sub task will always inherit the Issue Security Level from parent task (As described in - JRA-5869Getting issue details... STATUS ). In some scenarios, project administrators might want a sub task to be visible to an internal group of users only when the sub task is created.
This problem is related to a third party plugin, and therefore not supported by Atlassian. See Atlassian Supported Plugins for more information.
This can be achieved by using JIRA Misc Workflow Extension:
- Go to JIRA Administration > Add-ons > Find new Add-ons and install JIRA Misc Workflow Extension (Free trial available for testing)
- If the sub task issue type does not have a workflow assigned to it, copy the existing "unassigned" workflow in JIRA Administration > Issue > Workflows
- Assign the copied workflow to the sub task issue type in JIRA Administration > Issue > Workflow Schemes
- Edit the copied workflow and select the "Create" transition and click Post Function > Add Post Function
- Select "Set issue security level based on user's project role" and select the appropriate user role and security level
- Publish draft workflow