How to change Jira Service Management customer email address
Platform Notice: Cloud Only - This article only applies to Atlassian products on the cloud platform.
As a site administrator, we do not find any option to change the email address of Jira Service Management customer (portal-only account). The only option available is to change the password and the full name of the portal-only account.
Portal-only account has no option to change email address at this moment. See Difference between Jira Service Management customer with portal-only account and Atlassian account to know more.
There is a feature request to have the above feature added:
As a workaround, there are two alternatives:
1. Create a new customer account:
You can create a new customer account using the new email address. To make the previous requests available to the new customer account, the user must be added as the Reporter of those requests. You can change the reporter after creating the new customer by bulk editing the issues.
- Navigate to the Issue Navigator (JQL: reporter = "Account_with_old_email address");
- Click on "..." on the top right corner > Bulk change all XXX issues ;
- Select all issues and click Next > Select "Edit Issues" and click Next > Select "Change Reporter" and search for the portal-only account with the new email address.
- Deselect the option "Send mail for this update" if you don't wish to notify the changes to the other users.
- Confirm the Bulk change.
This will transfer all the tickets from the old email address to the new email address so that the user has access to all of their previous requests.
2. Migrate the customer account to "Atlassian account":
- Go to your site's Admin at admin.atlassian.com. If you're an admin for multiple site or an organization admin, click the site's name and URL to open the Admin for that site.
- Select Jira Service Management.
- Locate the customer, select Migrate to Atlassian account from the More options dropdown.
If you have the improved user management experience:
Optional: After the account is migrated, if you do not want the account to consume any license on the site, ensure that all the product access is disabled while keeping Has access on site enabled.