How to Configure the HipChat Discussions add-on
The HipChat Discussions add-on is great for collaborating with others on a per ticket basis. The configuration of this add-on is not completely clear.
Note: This add-on is not officially supported
- One you have installed / enabled the HipChat Discussions add-on you will need to configure the add-on to work with your HipChat instance.
- Proceed to JIRA Administration Click
> Manage Add-ons
- Keyboard Shortcut g+g > Manage Add-ons
- Click the Configure button on the HipChat Discussions add-on
- Input the URL for your HipChat instance i.e., instancename.hipchat.com
- Open a separate browser window and log into your HipChat domain or go to hipchatdomain.hipchat.com/account/api (**If doing this, skip to step 'd')
- If you log into your base HipChat domain, click on your avatar and then click on Account
- Click on API access in the left hand menu
- Enter your password
- If you have not created an auth token, click the Create Token button
- You will have two tokens generated; you will want to copy the first token
- If you already have a token, copy the first of the two tokens visible
- Return to the HipChat Discussions configuration page
- Paste the auth token you copied from HipChat into the Auth token text field and Save your changes
- Open the Project Administration page for the project you want HipChat Discussions to show up in
- Click on the HipChat Discussions menu item in the left hand menu
- Enter the name of the group/s you want to have access to HipChat Discussions
- Enter the name of a Chat Room in the field next to "to room"
- Optional: Enable the room reminder option and input the name of the HipChat room you want reminders to be placed in.
At this point you should see an Open button when viewing an issue within the configured project.