How to enable or disable access to the Jira Server mobile app and mobile view in a browser
Platform Notice: Server and Data Center Only - This article only applies to Atlassian products on the server and data center platforms.
If you don't want users to be able to connect to your site using the Jira Server mobile app, you can prevent them from logging in.
You may need to do this if:
- your site is not on the public internet, and you don't yet have a solution for accessing it on mobile devices (for example VPN access for all devices)
- an internal policy prevents users from accessing your site via a mobile device.
To enable or disable access to the Jira Server mobile app and mobile view in a browser:
- Open Jira in your browser
- Go to > Manage apps > Manage apps.
- Choose System apps in the drop-down, then search for the following apps:
- Mobile Plugin for Jira
- Jira Mobile
- Expand the listing for each app and choose Disable or Enable.
When the Jira mobile plugin is enabled, users should be able to log in (provided all other pre-requisites are met) via the mobile app and mobile view from a browser.
When the plugin is disabled, users will be able to download the app (as these are provided via the public App and Play stores), but they'll not be able to log in from the app. They'll see a message that a plugin is missing and the won't be able to use mobile view in a browser.