How to ensure JIRA keeps working if you change your Active Directory domain
Sometimes you may need to change your Active Directory domain. This may affect JIRA if you have it connected to your Active Directory for user synchronisation and/or authentication. Due to the domain change you may find that one of the following is changed:
- Base DN
- User DN
This procedure will ensure you have the minimum downtime for your users while such a change is made.
Before making any change in Active Directory, make sure the following is true in JIRA:
- There is a JIRA Internal Directory and it is enabled
- At least one user exists in that directory who is an administrator
- Confim that you are able to log in as that user
Immediately after making the change in Active Directory:
- Log in as the internal directory administrator user confirmed in the above steps
- Edit the Active Directory user directory, updating the Base DN and User DN as needed
- Confirm this directory can synchronise
Confirm a user from that directory can log in to JIRA
See Configuring User Directories for details on how to configure user directories in JIRA.