How to Use a Webhook with a Custom Event
As per the Jira documentation, we indicate Jira supports WebHooks for standard issue-related events only. This guide instructs how to use WebHooks for custom events.
- Add a Send transition to webhook event to the transition with the custom event as seen below and described in detail in the Advanced workflow configuration page:
- You can view which transitions meet this condition by going to the system events page in your Admin console here https://<INSTANCE_NAME>.atlassian.net/secure/admin/ListEventTypes.jspa OR:
- Log in as a user with the JIRA Administrators global permission, as per Managing global permissions.
- Choose Admin > System. Select Advanced > Events to open the View Events page.
- Keyboard shortcut: g + g + start typing events
- NOTE the Locations of the Workflow & Transition in relation to the associated Event and the difference between: