Inconsistent search results when using dashes.
When using dashes "-" in text-field custom fields you receive inconsistent search results in JQL.
- Create text-field custom fields with values of test-123 test-456 test-789
- Search for "<customfield>" ~ test-*"
- After a re-index, you may or may not get all of those expected values from the query result
- Lucene indexing doesn't index dashes, so using them in your text fields will result in inconsistent results when attempting to query them. Especially when combined with the "*" operator.
- See - JRA-45286Getting issue details... STATUS and the response that this is not a bug.
- Replace underscores (or don't use either) for dashes for any value that you are going to be consistently searching against.