Integrating JIRA with Crowd Results in 'server returned error code 503 for URI'
After implementing Crowd integration, users cannot log into JIRA. The following appears in the
The problem occurs because JIRA needs to generate a backend request to access the Crowd service on server side. The above error gets thrown when from one of the following:
- The domain name of Crowd service can't be detected on JIRA server.
- The JVM "-Dhttp.proxyHost" blocks the JIRA self-generated requests access to the Crowd service.
Make sure that the domain of Crowd service can be detected on JIRA server. If it cannot, check the following:
- DNS is configured correctly.
- The hosts file is configured correctly.
- Apply the IP Address instead of proxy name in the Crowd service URL.
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!