Jira Service Management Issue Status Not Transitioning After Customer Updates via Email
In Jira Service Management, when a Customer updates their "Waiting on Customer" issue via Email, the issue is not transitioned into "Waiting on Support" (or similar) status
The Service Management Customer's email is received and and the issue is updated with their Comment, however the Status remains in "Waiting on Customer"
The Service Management Automation Transition does is not set to "Respond to Support" when the Customer creates a Comment
Update the Service Management Automation Rule so that the THEN action on a Service Management Customer's comment transitions to "Respond to Support"
- Click Service Management from the menu bar and select the appropriate Service Management Project
- Settings > Automation
- Click Edit on the "Transition on Comment" rule
Note: This is the Default Name of this Rule; it may be different if you have modified your Automation Rules
- Locate the IF or ELSE IF Condition which corresponds to a Customer's Comment; condition should look similar to:
- Issue matches Status = "Waiting on Customer"
- Comment is public
- User is a Customer
Note: this is the Default Configuration of this Transition; it may be different if you have modified your Automation Rules
- Select the corresponding THEN statement and Edit the "Transition Issue" value
- Issue Transition should be "Respond to Support"
- Click "Confirm" to save changes
- Click Save to update the Transition Rule