Login Screen Loops Back To Login Screen With No Error When Using Correct Username And Password
When logging into JIRA you are sent back to the login screen with no error.
This issue starts occurring just after JIRA has been upgraded.
- The browser cache has two values for
JSESSIONIDor if using Crowd, extra values for
- A software application firewall is blocking JIRA.
- Multiple Atlassian products are using the same IP Address or hostname, and the same context path, but are listening on different ports. Due to the way the browser stores cookies, their session cookies step on each other, and sometimes that can lead to this issue happening.
- Clear your browsers cache and reconnect to JIRA.
- Ensure there are no software firewalls blocking JIRA and the cookie
- Change the context path of the different Atlassian products so that they are no longer using the same context path, see Logging into another Atlassian application logs me out of JIRA for more information.