LuceneUtils$DateParsingException: Input is not valid date string
The following appears in the
Caused by: com.atlassian.jira.util.LuceneUtils$DateParsingException: Input is not valid date string: -52011019205859
An invalid date has been added to the database and this has cause the Lucene index parsing to fails for that invalid date string.
- Download Lucene Index Toolbox of the latest lukeall.jar from this page.
- Run it with the command java -jar lukeall.jar
- This will open a window similar to the below screenshot
- Set the Path to be JIRA_HOME/caches/indexes/issues and click OK
- Go to the Search tab
Fill in the following into the field Enter search expression here (this depends on the error string shown in the logs; see above):
- Select created from Default field in the Analysis tab. Try any other date field also.
- Click on the button Search
- From the Results, look for the column key
Run the following SQL query according to the issue key found:
SELECT * FROM jiraissue WHERE pkey="<issue_key>";
Confirm the column that has the invalid date and modify it; for example:
UPDATE jiraissue SET CREATED='2011-11-29 22:58:59' WHERE pkey="<issue_key>";
Always back up your data before performing any modification to the database. If possible, try your modifications on a test server.
- Shutdown JIRA
- Delete the index directory JIRA_HOME/caches
- Restart JIRA and reindex