Mail appears differently in Gmail to JIRA
- There are carriage returns in JIRA that do not exist within the mail sent from Gmail.
- The mail appears as purple in JIRA.
- The mail appears to be trimmed in Gmail.
The user has My Changes set to Notify me and is receiving emails from JIRA of their own email updates. The text is coloured purple by Gmail and also thosebuttons are inserted as Gmail has detected the text duplicates, so it hides it. Additionally, when Gmail sends mail it trims the lines to around 70 characters, which is why additional carriage returns appear within JIRA.
The mail will not appear this way for other users and is behaviour controlled by Gmail - JIRA does not do this.
Any of the following can workaround this issue:
- Install the Trimless for Google Chrome plugin (this is third-party and not developed by Atlassian).
- Disable Notify me for My Changes.
- Update the issue directly instead of via mail.
- Give specific step by step directions
You can use a bulleted or numbered list
SELECT * FROM users;
info is good