Mail Queue Never Flushed Automatically
- Mail Queue never flushes. A manual flush is required.
- Mail queue service is configure to flush every 2 minutes, but it flushes only after very long time, e.g. every 75 minutes.
If Mail queue service is configured to flush every 0 second(s) and you recently upgraded to JIRA 6.3.x (now JIRA Software), please set it to 1 minute.
- There are strange jumps back and forth in the system time recorded (refer to log below)
The following appears in the
atlassian-jira.log (with mail debugging enabled) :
- The system time on the server where the JIRA application is installed is synching with an internet time server. This typically causes the system time to change regularly.
- If the JIRA application is executing within a Virtual Machine using RHEL, there is a known bug in the Redhat kernel, which can generate a "time jump". Accessing the time kernel API can cause this problem.
- Disable time synchronization with the time server.
If this is occurring within RHEL, please contact RHEL support regarding bug 637069.
- If you're running the JIRA applicaton inside a VMWare VM, please see this KB article for further information on a resolution.
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!