Opt in to receive notifications for Organizations
Platform Notice: Cloud Only - This article only applies to Atlassian products on the cloud platform.
By default when a ticket is shared with an Organization, members will only receive the request creation notification. For any additional notifications, individual members will need to opt in via the Customer Portal.
Opt in to receive notifications
To opt in to receive notifications within the customer portal follow these steps:
- From your customer portal, navigate to Requests > <Organization the ticket was shared with>.
- Find the request you are looking to opt in to and select it.
- Click the Notifications off button to opt in.
To note: If you would like to opt out of notifications, click the Notifications on button.
Update notification email content
An additional step can be taken to let Organization members know they will need to opt in to receive further notifications by editing the notification email content:
- Within your project go to Project Settings > Customer notifications.
- Click Edit next to the Organization added notification.
- Add a message to the Content to let users know they will need to opt in to receive notifications.