Post-Function in the create issue transition does not update assignee due to order
The workflow post-function does not update the assignee field in the create issue transition.
There is a workflow transition that is inbound into the create issue step during issue creation. You can add a post-function to this transition that occurs before users even arrive at the initial step. Put a different way, this is a prefunction of sorts, where a transition occurs while the issue is being created.
- Go to Administration > Workflows
- Click the link for the workflow in 'Steps' column
- Click the name of the initial status in the Step Name column.
- The name depends on your workflow. In simple workflow the default name is "Open"
- Click 'Create Issue' link in the Workflow browser (the inbound transition that arrives into the initial step)
- Add a post-function, 'Update Issue Field', and set the Assignee field to desired user (if necessary, create a draft so the workflow is editable)
- Make sure the Post-function is the first step in the list