Project permissions update
This KB article discusses a permissions update that takes effect on 16 May 2017, GMT +10.
With this update, customers only need the Browse Projects permission to view projects in the help center. Previously, customers also needed the Create Issues permission to view projects. In at least one of your projects, customers have the Browse Project permission but not the Create Issues permission. If you don’t want those customers to see projects in the help center, remove the Browse Projects permission from the Service Management Customer - Portal Access security type in the corresponding scheme.
Before you begin, make sure you have the Jira Administrator global permission
- Go to > Issues > Permission schemes
- Find the permission scheme associated with your project.
- Click Actions > Permissions
- For the Browse Projects permission, click Remove.
- Click Service Management Customer - Portal Access
- Click Remove
If you need assistance, contact Atlassian Support.