Requests not visible in the Jira Service Management Customer Portal
A ticket is not appearing in "Created by me" or under the organization for a customer, however, if a JIRA user browses to the issue in JIRA interface, the JIRA issue is in the project with the proper reporter.
When a ticket is created via Jira through the Create button, users have the option to select Issue Types or Request Types. If an Issue Type is selected, the Request Type field will show as None.
The Request Type is what makes the ticket visible for the customer in the portal and also what triggers customer notifications.
There are different causes for this behavior:
- Request created in JIRA Create issue screen and only an Issue Type was selected;
- The issue was moved from another project;
- The issue was moved to a different Issue Type and a new Request Type was not selected;
- The Request Type was deleted while the issue was in "Closed" status, then it was reopened without a matching request type;
- The Request Type was manually removed;
- Issue imported from an external system.
Open the customer request in the Issue View, browse to the Request type field, and manually set a valid request type available for this Issue Type.
Related Bugs and Feature Requests
You can also apply Automatically set Customer Request Type When Issue is Moved or Created via JIRA to prevent this happens again in the future.