Slowness in Jira email notifications
Platform Notice: Server and Data Center Only - This article only applies to Atlassian products on the server and data center platforms.
Slowness in Jira email notifications caused by the Scheduler Tasks busy with Version & Component Sync activities.
- 5-15 min delay in JIRA email notifications;
- All notification events are affected;
- We can observe the mail queue increasing with nearly 400 mails to be sent and then start sending emails;
- Jira outgoing mail is working properly and a test email using the same SMTP server was fast sent and received;
- Emails are being sent (SMTP server is working);
- Batch notification is disabled;
- A manual flush of notifications works.
- Jira Software 7.x or 8.x.
- Version and Component Sync for Atlassian Jira app version 2.7.2 or earlier.
Some of the Scheduler tasks (Caesium 1-1 to Caesium 1-4) are held by plugin Version & Component Sync for Jira.
- Disable the plugin Version & Component Sync for Jira.
- Manually Flush the mail queue
- This will prevent any loss in notifications
- Restart Jira Server;
- Monitor the notification queue if it is back to the normal delay.
Issue fixed on version 2.7.2 of Version & Component Sync (VCS) which is now available on the Atlassian Marketplace.