Troubleshooting Support Tools Generated Cases
Platform Notice: Server and Data Center Only - This article only applies to Atlassian products on the server and data center platforms.
Support issues created in JIRA through the support tools plugin are not reaching Atlassian to open cases.
- Ensure you've properly configured an SMTP Server. Send a Test Mail inside the SMTP Server configuration setup screen. Make a note of any error that is returned from the test.
- Check JIRA's log files and the application server log files for Out of Memory errors. Typically, the log file will show java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space. This has been known to cause the service responsible for sending emails out to fail until JIRA is restarted. You should further troubleshoot your memory issues using this guide.
- Check and ensure the Mail Queue Service is installed. Click Admininstration > Services to inspect that the service exists, and is set at a reasonable interval. This interval controls how frequently the mail queue is processed. You can flush the mail queue to send out pending messages immediately to your mail server.
- Inspect your Mail Queue under Administration > Mail Queue. See if you are given the option to Bypass currently sending mail. A stuck email or trackback ping can hold up the queue.
- You can get more detailed logging under Administration -> System -> Logging & Profiling. Click Edit next to the com.atlassian package and change it from the WARN logging level to DEBUG. This change does not persist after a restart.
- Verify your outgoing email server does not block emails based on uncompressed filesize by creating a case without a support zip attached