Unable to Import Cloud 7.0.0-OD-01-193 to JIRA Server
Platform Notice: Server and Data Center Only - This article only applies to Atlassian products on the server and data center platforms.
Attempting to restore a backup from JIRA Cloud (latest version: 7.0.0-OD-01-193) to JIRA 6.4.8 or 6.4.10 always throws the following error.
The file you are trying to import is from JIRA 7.0.0-OD-01-193, which is newer than your current version of JIRA and will not work. The import file claims it can be successfully imported into JIRA 6.4.8 or later. If JIRA 6.4.8 is not yet available for download, please contact support.
- Any relevant information that clarifies the environment that an issue occurs in such as Database (type and version/s), Browser (type and version/s), OS (type and version/s), Java version, etc...
- Any specific steps necessary to reproduce the issue that will ensure that the customer is actually experiencing the same problem as the one that that is being described.
- Steps like these will often involve checking data using SQL
SELECTqueries to see if the application is in a particular state OR any checks to ensure that the customers environment is in a state that will bring about the described problem
This section is optional, especially if the problem is triggered regardless of the environment and diagnosis
- Download your Cloud Backup.
- Extract the backup.
- Open Entities.xml in an editor(recommend using something like notepad++ or other xml editors)
- Search for
<OSPropertyString id="1" value="70023"/>
- Change the "70023" to "64025" (64025 is the version number for JIRA 6.4.10, 64023 is the version for JIRA6.4.8. Replace accordingly to your JIRA version
- Save the changes.
- Compress the files (entities.xml and activeobjects.xml) back into a zipped folder.
- Move the zipped file to
../JIRA HOME/ importsfolder.
- Perform the restore process again from within JIRA.