Unable to Update Service Management.
Platform Notice: Server and Data Center Only - This article only applies to Atlassian products on the server and data center platforms.
Platform Notice: Server, Data Center, and Cloud By Request - This article was written for the Atlassian server and data center platforms but may also be useful for Atlassian Cloud customers. If completing instructions in this article would help you, please contact Atlassian Support and mention it.
When trying to update the Jira Service Management using the Upload an application, it fails with the error "An unexpected error occurred. Refer to the logs for more information."
The following appears in the atlassian-jira
Plugin installation failed: Failed to resolve plugin dependencies within OBR [plugin_5603066685366378214_jira-servicedesk-application-3.1.0.obr]. Please see the logs for more detailed information
- This is applicable to Jira 7 onwards.
- Download a Jira Service Management obr.
- Upload the obr using the *Upload an application*
This is caused due to incompatible OBR.
- Please download the compatible version of Jira Service Management obr.
- Upload the newly compatible version.