Upgrade to JIRA 4.3.1+ Fails with 'Unprocessed Continuation Reference' Error
The following appears in the
- Upgrading to the affected JIRA releases: 4.3.1 - 4.3.3
JIRA 4.3.1 - 4.3.3 are affected by a bug found in JRA-23969the upgrade task.
- Generate valid backup of JIRA data.
- Perform normal in-place upgrade as outlined in our Upgrade Guide,
Shutdown JIRA when similar error is recoded in the
- Perform the SQL workaround:
First check the Directory ID for your LDAP Auth directory:
We expect the Delegated Directory to have an ID of 3, but best to confirm first.
Now add the "Follow Referral" attribute:
Alter the "3" to your Directory ID if different.
Additionally tag the 601 task as completed in the following way. Find id of the last record upgrade task:
Increase the id by one and use it in the below insert statement:
Find record of the JIRA build number:
Update it to the 601 build:
- Restart JIRA and let it continue with the upgrade process.
Please see our Troubleshooting LDAP User Management documentation for further assistance with diagnosing LDAP problems.
Upgrade to JIRA 4.3.4 release (when available).
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!