Using JIRA for Other Use Cases
This sample file exists to help you get up and running quickly with JIRA with some sample data that you can use. If you have a specific use case or need in mind, we recommend that you use the sample files related to the specific use cases. However if you just need some sample data to work with in JIRA, this sample will provide that.
Before using the sample file...
- Please back up your existing JIRA Enterprise instance: You can read how to do this here:
- This sample file was created using JIRA 4.4.3, please ensure you have this version or a newer release.
You can download the latest version of JIRA here.
The sample file
- Please ensure you have backed up your existing JIRA instance
- You can download the JIRA General Uses Sample file here.
- Restore the sample data file. You can learn how to restore a file here.
Notes on the sample file
- QS - Quick Car Surveys
- CSCC - Customer Service/Call Centre
- OFFDEPT - Employee tasks within an office department
- DRF - Charity funds/Insurance claims
- TRD - Jobs for trades men, such as an electrician
- Wed - tracking tasks that need to be completed for a wedding
- Ztester - sample file that is created off the JIRA quick start guide
Admin user: rmk
All passwords is password for all users.
cscc general user
d-34567, drf general user
q-667, qs general user
Lil, Andy, Judy, Lee, Alex
offdept general user
trd-0414, trd general user
rmk, kez, mom ct
Other users across projects are: Ira, Bill, Belle, Courtney, Chelsea, Ryan.