Re-prioritizing work items
This page discusses the usage of Portfolio for Jira live plans (any version from 2.0 to 2.27). If you're using the redesigned planning interface, see this page instead.
Portfolio for Jira lets you easily re-prioritize work items by changing their order in the scope view. The order of work items is taken into account by the scheduling algorithm of Portfolio for Jira. Items that are ranked higher will be considered more important, and Portfolio for Jira will attempt to schedule them before lower ranked items.
To re-prioritize a work item:
- Go to your plan via Portfolio (in header) > View Portfolio > click your plan.
- Click the Scope tab to display the scope table.
- Hover over the left-hand side of an issue to display the drag and drop icon ( ).
- Drag and drop the issue to reorder it accordingly. An orange bar will appear next to the issue, indicating that the work item has been reordered.
- Click Calculate to update the schedule based on the changes made.
- Commit the changes back to your Jira instance.