Linking Confluence spaces to JIRA Software projects
Sometimes, users creating JIRA Software projects are not aware that a Confluence space is also being created along with the project. This is because the checkbox that enables the creation of the space is easy to overlook during project creation — resulting in empty and unmanaged spaces in Confluence.
So, we decided to remove the option to create a Confluence space when creating a project in JIRA Software. By making the action to create a space more deliberate, we hope to decrease the number of unused spaces, while still providing users the option to integrate their work in JIRA Software and Confluence.
But don't worry, you can still create a Confluence space and link it to your JIRA Software project.
- Go to Confluence and create a Confluence space.
- On the sidebar, click Space tools > Integrations.
- Click the Application Links tab.
- Click Add Link, then select the server you're using for your space.
- Enter the space key and space name, then click Create.
When you're done, make sure to add a project shortcut in the project sidebar, so you can easily link back to your Confluence space from JIRA Software.
- In JIRA Software, go to the project sidebar and click Add shortcut.
- Enter the web address of your Confluence space.
- Click Add.