Get started with agility boards
Create a project with an agility board
- Click Search ( ) > View all projects.
- In the top-right corner, click Create project.
- Under Template, click Change* (unless it's already set to Agility) and choose Agility.
*Only administrators can change the project template.
Edit your project's access
- Click Project settings > Details
- Choose an option under Access:
Issues represent tasks to be completed. Create issues in any of your board's columns so your team can track work progress.
- Create issues by hitting the + button in any column (or click the + icon in your project sidebar).
- Select an issue type if your project uses multiple issue types to categorize work.
- Enter a description of your issue, and hit Create to add it to your board.
Try to keep an issue's details both short and descriptive. Team members should be able to scan the board quickly and get an overview of their team's work.
Move issues between columns
As work is completed, you'll want to move issues across your board, to indicate progress. Drag and drop an issue to move it.
If an issue sits in the Done column for more than 14 days, it automatically gets archived. You can view all archived issues by selecting the Looking for an older issue? button.
Select multiple issues
You can select multiple issues with either the Ctrl (Windows) or Command (Mac) key. Once you've selected multiple issues, you can move them all to a new column, or perform other actions by selecting •••.
Add images to issues
Quickly and easily add images to issues, and choose your favorite to display as the preview on the board:
- Open an issue by clicking on it.
- Click Add attachment ( ).
- By default, the first image you add will display as the preview. Change it by hovering over a different image and clicking Show on card.
- Edit or annotate images after they've been attached by hovering over an image and clicking the paintbrush icon.
- To hide a preview image from displaying on the board, hover over the image and click Hide on card.
- Switch off the entire feature by going to your board's settings ( ) and clicking Hide cover images.
Search for archived issues
After 14 days, issues in the Done column will be automatically removed from your board and archived, so the board doesn't get cluttered. Easily find archived issues by clicking Looking for an older issue? at the bottom of the Done column, or by clicking Search () in the sidebar.
Add, edit, and rearrange columns
You can add, edit, and rearrange columns to make the board reflect your team's process.
- Edit column title by clicking it.
- Rearrange columns by clicking and holding the header to drag and drop.
- Add columns by clicking the + beside the farthest column.
NOTE: Anyone can create a project using an agility board (unless your Jira admin has implemented a permissions scheme requiring you to have certain permissions).
Agility boards are progressively growing in power and functionality every day, so we encourage you to provide feedback. Let us know your thoughts!