Get your team involved
Add team members to your agility board
Your team members must first be added to your Jira Cloud site with access to Jira Software before getting access to your board. For more information, see Creating, editing, and deleting users in the Jira admin documentation.
To get your team involved, there are two options:
The first option is to open an issue on your board (by clicking it) and assign it to someone (as long as you've already added them to your Jira Cloud site, as mentioned above):
- Issue view: Select a card to view the issue's details.
- Assignee: Click the assignee field and select a team member. They will be added to the board and assigned this issue.
The second option is to go via your project sidebar:
- Click Project Settings > People.
- On the page, click Add people.
This second option also lets you select people's roles (see below), and remove people.
Roles (also known as permissions) control what each person can see and do on your board.
- In the sidebar, click Project Settings > People.
- When you click Add people on the page, you'll be prompted to select each person's role from the drop-down menu:
You can edit their roles (or permissions) at any time by choosing from the drop-down list beside their name. You also have the option of removing people from your board by clicking Remove.
Filter issues on the board
Filters show you specific issues, and hide the rest.
- Filter via search: Enter a search term to only show issues containing that text.
- Filter by assignee: Click someone's avatar to filter by assignee.
Flag an issue for attention
Flagging an issue informs your teammates that an issue needs extra attention. For example, you could use a flag to indicate that you don't have capacity to finish a task, or to indicate that an issue is blocked and you'll work on it later.
On agility boards, flagged issues are shaded red:
To flag an issue:
- Hover over an issue and select more (•••). You can also select multiple issues at once by holding Ctrl (Windows) or Command (Mac).
- Hit Add flag.