Get your team involved
Add team members to your next-gen board
Your team members must first be added to your Jira Cloud site with access to Jira Software before getting access to your board. For more information, see Creating, editing, and deleting users in the Jira admin documentation.
Via an issue on your board
Open an issue and assign it to someone (as long as you've already added them to your Jira Cloud site, as mentioned above) to add them to your project.
- Issue view: Select a card to view the issue's details.
- Assignee: Click the assignee field and select a team member. They will be added to the board and assigned this issue.
On the board
Navigate to either your Board or Backlog and at the top of the screen, select Add people.
Via Project settings
- In your next-gen project, select Project Settings > People.
- On the page, click Add people.
Roles (also known as permissions) control what each person can see and do on your board.
- In the sidebar, click Project Settings > People.
- When you click Add people on the page, you'll be prompted to select each person's role from the drop-down menu:
You can edit their roles (or permissions) at any time by choosing from the drop-down list beside their name. You also have the option of removing people from your board by clicking Remove.
Filter issues on the board
Filters show you specific issues, and hide the rest.
- Filter via search: Enter a search term to only show issues containing that text.
- Filter by assignee: Click someone's avatar to filter by assignee.
Flag an issue for attention
Flagging an issue informs your teammates that an issue needs extra attention. For example, you could use a flag to indicate that you don't have capacity to finish a task, or to indicate that an issue is blocked and you'll work on it later.
On next-gen boards, flagged issues are shaded red:
To flag an issue:
- Hover over an issue and select more (•••). You can also select multiple issues at once by holding Ctrl (Windows) or Command (Mac).
- Hit Add flag.