Using parallel sprints
The Parallel Sprints feature lets you enable multiple active, parallel sprints. For example, if you have two teams working from the same backlog, each team can now work on their own sprint.
Please note the following caveats when using parallel sprints:
- The Velocity Chart will not show the velocity per team.
- The current implementation assumes that the teams perform estimation identically, which is unlikely in practice.
Enabling parallel sprints
- Log in as a user with the 'JIRA Administrators' global permission.
- Select JIRA Administration from the top bar > Applications, then scroll down the page to the JIRA Software section.
- Under JIRA Software configuration, select the Parallel Sprints checkbox.
Completing parallel sprints
When completing an active sprint with incomplete issues, you can't directly move these incomplete issues to another active sprint. You need to move these issues to the backlog first, and then you can add the issues to the active sprint.
Please vote, watch, and comment with your case on the following feature request: JSW-13765 - Cannot move open issues when ending an active sprint to another active sprint (Parallel sprints). Closed
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!