Using parallel sprints
NOTE: Using Jira's new agility board? It's currently in beta development phase, which means you may not (yet) have access to the features described below.
The Parallel sprints feature lets you enable multiple active sprints that are running in parallel with each other. For example, if you have two teams working from the same backlog, each team can now work on their own active sprint simultaneously.
Please note the following caveats when using parallel sprints:
- The Velocity Chart will not show the velocity per team.
- The current implementation assumes that the teams perform estimation identically, which is unlikely in practice.
Enabling parallel sprints
- Log in as a user with the Administer Jira global permission.
- Click your Jira icon ()
- Click Settings > Applications, then scroll down the page to the Jira Software section.
- Under Jira Software configuration, select the Parallel Sprints checkbox.
Completing parallel sprints
When completing an active sprint with incomplete issues, you can't directly move these incomplete issues to another active sprint. You need to move these issues to the backlog first, and then you can add the issues to the active sprint.