- Download the Oracle Java SE Development Kit (JDK).
- Get the latest version of the JDK 1.6, at least version 6u23 or later.
- If you are running 64-bit Windows, please ensure we recommend that you use 32-bit JDK and not rather than the 'x64' JDK. The 32-bit version will use less memory. You do not need the 64-bit JDK unless you are running a very large server.
- Follow the Oracle installation instructions.
- Make sure you have a
JAVA_HOME environment variable pointing to the root directory of the JDK. Some JDK installers set this automatically.
- Check by typing one of the following into a command window, depending on your operating system.
- On Windows:
- On Linux or UNIX:
- If the above command does not show you the path to your JDK, please refer to the Crowd instructions on setting JAVA_HOME.