- Find the Confluence gadget's URL, i.e. the URL for the gadget's XML specification file.
- Ensure one of the following two mandatory (typically one-off) procedures have been conducted:
- An OAuth relationship between Confluence (as the 'service provider') and the other web application (as the 'consumer') has been established. Refer to Configuring OAuth for more information about OAuth and instructions on establishing these relationships.
- A Trusted Applications relationship between Confluence and JIRA has been established. Refer to Configuring Trusted Applications in the JIRA documentation for more information about establishing these relationships.
- Follow the procedure provided by the external web application where you want to add the Confluence gadget.