This table lists the different global permissions and the functions they secure:
- Log in as a user with the JIRA Administrators global permission (or the JIRA System Administrators global permission, if you need to grant the JIRA System Administrators global permission).
- Select 'Administration' > 'Users' > 'Global Permissions' to open the Global Permissions page, which shows a list of JIRA's global permissions and which groups currently have these permissions.
Keyboard shortcut: 'g' + 'g' + start typing 'global permissions'
Screenshot 1: the Global Permissions screen
Anchor Global_Permissions Global_Permissions
The Add Permission box is shown below the list.
- In the Permission drop-down list, select the global permission you wish to grant.
- In the Groupdrop-down list, either:
- select the group to which you wish to grant the permission; or
if you wish to grant the permission to non logged-in users, select Anyone (not recommended for production systems). Note that the
The JIRA Users permission (i.e. permission to log in) cannot be granted to Anyone (i.e. to non logged-in users) since this would be contradictory.
- The JIRA Users permission cannot be granted to groups that have the JIRA System Administrators or JIRA Administrators permissions.
- If you have a user limited license (e.g. personal license) and have reached your user limit, you will not be able to grant
- the JIRA Users permission (i.e.
- permission to log in) to any further groups without first reducing the number of users with
- the JIRA Users permission.