Do not use this release to upgrade your production systems.
For all production use and testing of Confluence, please use the latest official release.
Confluence 2.8-m9 is a milestone development release for 2.8. This is a public development release (DR) leading up to Confluence 2.8. Development releases are a snapshot of our work in progress, allowing our customers and especially plugin-developers to see what we're up to.
Who should upgrade?
Please note the following
- Development releases are not safe. Development releases are snapshots of the ongoing Confluence development process. For that reason:
- While we try to keep these releases stable, they have not undergone the same degree of testing as a full release.
- Features in development releases may be incomplete, or may change or be removed before the next full release.
- No upgrade path. Because development releases represent work in progress, we cannot provide a supported upgrade path between development releases, or from any development release to the eventual final release. Thus, it is possible that you will not be able to migrate any data you store in a Confluence development release to a future Confluence release.
- Atlassian does not provide support for development releases.
Our milestone releases aim to provide plugin developers with an opportunity to see the latest changes in the code.
Each milestone release has passed all our automatic tests, and has been used for one week on our official internal Confluence server. Most of the issues solved have been reviewed too.
However, since our milestones releases are timeboxed (i.e. they get released every two weeks, no matter how far we have come implementing features and bugfixes), there is always a chance that we have new known bugs, which are scheduled to be fixed in the next milestone, or completely new bugs unknown even to us.
Milestone releases may not have not been load- or stress-tested, or maybe they have but some performance problems still persist. So, for example, they might behave well on a small installation but show severe problems when subjected to many users.
Follow the normal upgrade instructions to upgrade from Confluence 2.7.x to this release. We strongly recommend that you backup your confluence-home directory and database before upgrading!
All development releases are available from Development Releases on the Atlassian website.
Issues resolved or improved in this release
All functional changes are now complete. We are only fixing some remaining bugs now.
- We found a major performance problem during our loadtests. Confluence works exactly like before under low load, but once you go above a request per second you will notice a much load than acceptable. We will fix that for the final release.
- a few glitches when viewing with IE6&7, and when using the new page tree. Will be fixed for the final version
We are in bugfix-mode now. While a few icons and CSS-styles will still change, the main priority is now to iron out all our bugs during the next one or two weeks.