Do not use this release to upgrade your production systems.
For all production use and testing of Confluence, please use the latest official release.
This release is a milestone development release for 2.9. This is a public development release (DR) leading up to Confluence 2.9. Development releases are a snapshot of our work in progress, allowing our customers and especially plugin-developers to see what we're up to.
Who should upgrade?
Please note the following
- Development releases are not safe. Development releases are snapshots of the ongoing Confluence development process. For that reason:
- While we try to keep these releases stable, they have not undergone the same degree of testing as a full release.
- Features in development releases may be incomplete, or may change or be removed before the next full release.
- No upgrade path. Because development releases represent work in progress, we cannot provide a supported upgrade path between development releases, or from any development release to the eventual final release. Thus, it is possible that you will not be able to migrate any data you store in a Confluence development release to a future Confluence release.
- Atlassian does not provide support for development releases.
Our milestone releases aim to provide plugin developers with an opportunity to see the latest changes in the code.
Each milestone release has passed all our automatic tests, and has been used for one week on our official internal Confluence server. Most of the issues solved have been reviewed too, and usually milestone releases even have been load- and performance-tested for a while.
However, since our milestones releases are timeboxed (i.e. they get released every two weeks, no matter how far we have come implementing features and bugfixes), there is always a chance that we have new known bugs, which are scheduled to be fixed in the next milestone, or completely new bugs unknown even to us.
Additionally, our performance-testing and compatibility testing for databases and application servers is not done to the full extent. So, for example, a milestone release might behave well on a small installation but show severe problems when subjected to many users.
Follow the normal upgrade instructions to upgrade from Confluence 2.8.x to this release. We strongly recommend that you backup your confluence-home directory and database before upgrading!
All development releases are available from Development Releases on the Atlassian website.
Issues resolved or improved in this release
Milestone 3 is all about the UI: It features major parts of the new search UI, and we have added two more menu items to the "Browse" menu.
Some effort was spent on making the page tree more stable, and we have spent more time on internal code improvements (which did however not ship in this milestone)
Several small bugs. And a slowdown of search performance by 50%, which will be addressed in a later milestone release.