What is an Atlassian User Group (AUG)?
Atlassian user groups are informal gatherings of users, developers and enthusiasts who want to discuss common interests, challenges and best practices. AUGs are great for connecting with like-minded people who share the same interests and are passionate about Atlassian tools and technology. Events can be anything from a few members chatting over coffee, to a product release party at a pub or a seminar with multiple speakers and product demos. AUGs are like group study sessions in college, except there are no tests and drinking is encouraged. AUGs are for users and run by users - your feedback matters.
In the interest of keeping the user group community agnostic, official Atlassian Partners are not eligible to host events.
An AUG is
- Free to attend
- Open to everyone
- Led by volunteers of users and developers
- Independently organized with support from Atlassian
- An ongoing group that meets regularly
- A friendly environment to ask questions and hear the latest Atlassian news
- A place to unwind after a hard day of work
An AUG is NOT
- A place to hear smarmy sales pitches
- Run by Atlassian or any official Partners of Atlassian
- A one-off or closed event
- Join the Atlassian User Group Twitter list (@atlassian/usergroup) by tweeting us from your AUG's account. Yo @Atlassian! Add us to the #AUG Twitter list
- Like us on Facebook, connect with other AUG members, join the discussion and start your own page.
Contact Brittany Walker at email@example.com anytime.