What is an Atlassian User Group (AUG)?
Atlassian user groups are informal gatherings of users, developers and enthusiasts who want to discuss common interests, challenges and best practices. AUGs are great for connecting with like-minded people who share the same interests and are passionate about Atlassian tools and technology. Events can be anything from a few members chatting over coffee, to a product release party at a pub or a seminar with multiple speakers and product demos. AUGs are like group study sessions in college, except there are no tests and drinking is encouraged. AUGs are for users and run by users - your feedback matters.
In the interest of keeping the user group community agnostic, official Atlassian Partners are not eligible to host events.
An AUG is
- Free to attend
- Open to everyone
- Led by volunteers of users and developers
- Independently organized with support from Atlassian
- An ongoing group that meets regularly
- A friendly environment to ask questions and hear the latest Atlassian news
- A place to unwind after a hard day of work
An AUG is NOT
- A place to hear smarmy sales pitches
- Run by Atlassian or any official Partners of Atlassian
- A one-off or closed event
Why Join an AUG?
- Get real. Real technical support from real users who have been through it. Have open and honest discussions with users who aren't paid to tell you what works and what doesn't.
- Access to experts. Meet people who have used Atlassian tools for years and know the ins and outs.
- Hear news first. Many user groups are scheduled around product releases ensuring the freshest content at meetings.
- Atlassian participation. 1-1 time offered with Atlassian product specialists to answer any questions and help with presentations. When possible, Atlassians will attend events or Skype in.
- Meet friends. Crack a beer and enjoy a slice of pizza with people in your neighborhood who share a common bond.
- Spread the knowledge. Your experience with Atlassian tools is interesting and you need to share it with the world.
- Join the Atlassian User Group Twitter list (@atlassian/usergroup) by tweeting us from your account. Yo @Atlassian! Add me to the #AUG list
- Like us on Facebook, connect with other AUG members, join the discussion and start your own page.
Contact Brittany Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org anytime.