GreenHopper enables you to create and release a new version from the far-right column of the board (in Work mode), in a single step.
This page only applies to Kanban boards. If you are using a Scrum board, please see Planning a Version.
To create and release a new Version,
- Login to JIRA.
Click the Agile link's down-arrow in the top navigation bar, then select your preferred board from the resulting dropdown menu.
- Click Work.
- Click the Release link at the top of the Done (rightmost) column.
You will need to have the JIRA 'Project Administrator' permission in the project(s) whose issues are to be included in the version.
- The 'Release' window will display (see Screenshot 1 below). Complete the fields as follows:
- Version name — Enter a short name for your new version. For details, see the JIRA documentation on Managing Versions.
- Release date (optional) — Enter the date of release for your new version. This will default to today's date.
- Description (optional) — Enter a longer description for your new version. For details, see the JIRA documentation on Managing Versions.
- Click the Release button to save your new version and mark it as 'released' throughout JIRA and GreenHopper.
Screenshot 1: Releasing a version from a Kanban board