Confluence 5.0 has reached end of life
Check out the [latest version] of the documentation
Below are some important notes on upgrading to Confluence 4.2.8. For details of the fixes in this release, please read the release notes.
If you are already running a version of Confluence, please follow these instructions to upgrade to the latest version:
- Before you upgrade, we strongly recommend that you back up your Confluence Home directory and database. The Confluence Home directory is the folder where Confluence stores its configuration information, search indexes and page attachments. If you are using the embedded HSQLDB database supplied for evaluation purposes, the database files are also stored in this directory.
Tip: Another term for 'Home directory' would be 'data directory'. Read more about finding your Home directory.
- If your version of Confluence is earlier than 3.5.x, then you should upgrade to Confluence 3.5.x before upgrading to Confluence 4.2.x.
- If your version of Confluence is earlier than 4.2, read the release notes and upgrade guides for all releases between your version and the latest version.
- Download the latest version of Confluence.
- Follow the instructions in the Upgrade Guide.