Platform Notice: Server, Data Center, and Cloud By Request - This article was written for the Atlassian server and data center platforms but may also be useful for Atlassian Cloud customers. If completing instructions in this article would help you, please contact Atlassian Support and mention it.
Must have project administration Permission error when creating or editing a sprint.
- 1 Create or edit a sprint and rejects with the aforementioned error.
- 2 Check the sprint and issues from another project not associated with the board filter are listed.
- This happens because issues can actually be manually assigned to sprints via the issue screen.
- Run a JQL query on the affected sprint Sprint = <Sprint Name> AND project = <the project that is part of the query> (for versions before 6.1.3 please see JIRA Agile: How to search for a Sprint using JQL). Adjust the JQL to essentially show you everything is part of the sprint that isn't part of the board filter.
- Issues have been manually assigned to the sprint via the the method described in the diagnosis portion of this article.
- In additional you can check the issue history to see when/who this change was made by.
- After identifying the issues that should not be part of the sprint based on the appropriate JQL query. Please un-assign them from the sprint via the issue screen by leaving the Sprint field blank and updating the issue.