You can distribute the Jira Server app to people in your organisation using your MDM solution. This allows you to:
- Deploy the Jira Server app to company-approved iOS and Android devices.
- Pre-populate your Jira site URLs (just the URL, we don't pass login credentials). People will still be able to enter a URL, which is useful if you have some rarely used sites, and don't want to pre-populate them all. Requires Jira Server iOS app version 1.3.2 / Android app version 0.7.5 or later.
Distribute the app to managed devices
The way you do this will depend on your particular MDM provider. In most cases you will:
- Add the app to your MDM app catalog.
- For iOS you will likely bulk purchase through the Apple VPP store, then link the app in your MDM solution (this might be by providing an sToken, or could happen automatically)
- Choose which devices should be able to install the app (this might be called something like distributing or assigning the app).
Refer to the documentation for your MDM provider for more information.
Pre-populate site URLs on the login screen
If your MDM solution supports the AppConfig standard, you can save your users time and prevent mistakes by pre-populating your site URL in the app.
To pre-populate the mobile app login screen with one site URL:
- In your MDM, navigate to the App Config section. Check the documentation for your MDM for how to do this.
- Add a new key called "sites"
In the Value field for the key, enter your site title and URL in JSON format as shown in the examples below. Replace the title and base URL with your own site details.
For a single URL:
For multiple URLs:
Copy the JSON carefully, including the [ and ].
- Save your changes. We recommend you access the Jira Server app on a device to check you have passed the URLs correctly, before distributing the app config changes to your users. You'll see an error if the app can't display your list of sites.
Here's an example of how the AppConfig looks in AirWatch and MobileIron, two popular MDMs.
|Yes||Descriptive name of your Jira instance.|
URL of your Jira instance. You can check it in Administration > System > General configuration.
URL of your Confluence instance. You can check it in Administration > General configuration.
Use this parameter if you’re having problems with logging in because your proxy server blocks any unauthenticated requests. When set to true, the mobile app won’t make
Make sure that the Mobile Plugin for Jira is enabled...
In general, the Mobile plugin for Jira is a prerequisite for using the mobile app. However, if you’re using the
If you’re having any problems with logging in, see our knowledge base articles: Jira Server and Data Center mobile apps