1. Check compatibility
Before installing Bonfire, please check that Bonfire is compatible with your version of JIRA and browsers at the Bonfire Compatibility Chart.
2. Get your license
Visit https://my.atlassian.com to get a license key for Bonfire, and save it.
3. Install Bonfire
- Click the 'Administration' link in the top right of JIRA to open the JIRA administration console.
- Click the 'Plugins' link under the 'Plugins' drop down along the top of the screen. The 'Universal Plugin Manager' will be displayed, showing the plugins installed on your JIRA instance.
- Click the 'Install' tab in the UPM. The 'Find new plugin' page will display, showing the featured plugins available for JIRA.
- Type 'Bonfire' in the 'Search the Plugin Exchange' box and click the 'Search' button.
- Click the 'Install' button for Bonfire. A confirmation message and the plugin details will display, if it is installed successfully.
For more information about installing plugins through the Universal Plugin Manager, please read Installing add-ons
4. Activate Bonfire
- Click the 'Administration' link to open the JIRA administration console again.
- Go to the 'Bonfire' page under the 'Plugins' section in the top menu.
- You will be directed to the Plugins page where you will be prompted to enter your license
- If you are not redirected to the plugins page, then it means you version of UPM does not have this feature. Instead you will be taken to the Bonfire License page where you may enter your license.